Twist and Wrap Scarf! If you're interested in ordering this as a kit (2 skeins of yarn, 4.5mm crochet hook, printed pattern instructions with tips on working with fancy yarn), then please send me a message and I'll reserve a kit for you! Kit will be available only in February 2017, for only US$5 (or 250 pesos) plus shipping (from Bohol, Philippines). Enjoy! ^_^
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Learn something new today! How to make the hand-rolled hem. I learned this just this morning from a book I got from the Booksale several years ago. The book is called "The Art of Sewing: Delicate Wear" ( Time Life Books 1973 ). Good morning, Crochetology lovers! ^_^
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Some time ago I made some yarn using paper and cotton string. I simply got some Manila paper and cut it into strips and twisted it with cotton thread using a drop spindle. It wasn't easy at first but I soon got the hang of it.
Today, I managed to crochet with my hand-spun paper yarn and made this headband. The flowers are crocheted using my own hand-dyed cotton-cashmere yarn. The headband uses an elastic for a good fit.
Here are photos of the process, showing how I completed this project. Enjoy! :)
Saturday, January 21, 2017
New pattern on Ravelry - The Stellar Headband! Free for Crochetology Subscribers: the simplest version of a multi-strand style headband. More designs coming in different strand colours and stitches! See http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-stellar-headband
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
For 2017 subscribers, I have a lot of projects and Crochetology problems and exercises lined up. I have been keeping notes, asking questions and finding answers.Some of these are:
1. How to convert a skirt pattern into a top-down cardigan pattern.
2. How do I determine what are standard measurements for standard sizes when crocheting garments?
3. How to crochet a sock.
4. Reconstructing a bolero pattern from a photo (no pattern crochet).
5. How to improvise if you make a mistake.
6. How to improvise if you can’t have the right multiples in a foundation chain/stitches.
7. How do I determine armhole sizes in seamless top-down garments?
8. Modifying a triangular shawl pattern to make a 3-way poncho/cowl.
9. Working with fancy yarn such as butterfly or ribbon yarn - how to make it easier.
10. New pattern - crochet hairband.
11. Can we get away with simple shapes for garments? No dec/inc, no shaping and yet have a garment that doesn’t looked ‘boxed up’?
12. Getting started with free-form crochet - geometrics.
Please support Crochetology at http://www.crochetology.net/p/subscribe.html
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
While having two sows farrow, a lot of work, but made sure that crocheting didn't get side-tracked! I am making lots of new projects, all of them are Crochetology exercises and Crochetology problems intended to help crocheters modify patterns and create new designs. Here are snapshots of some of the projects! I hope to be posting more in the next couple of weeks - that is, as soon as I get anew laptop - the old one is giving up on me!!