This is a quick hand-sewn project and an idea for those looking for ways to recycle or upcycle their old crochet. This skirt features a layered design using the following recycled materials:
- Old small crocheted shawl no longer used
- Printed dress that got torn and cut in half; the upper part is used as a top and the lower part is used as the base skirt for this project
- Scrap pieces of printed fabric
- Old fancy eyelash yarn from stash - I am trying to reduce my yarn stash
- Buttons from old sweater
- Half slip no longer used because the waistband elastic is not very good anymore
Third, I sew the waistband to the skirt, with the crocheted shawl sandwiched between the waistband and skirt, as shown in the photo.
Fourth, a smaller portion of printed fabric is cut and sewn to make two ties for the skirt. Tassels are made using the eyelash yarn and sewn to the ends of the ties, then the ties are sewn to the side of the skirt, as shown in the photo.
Fifth, the skirt is turned inside out and the slip is sewn on, all along where the waistband is sewn to the skirt.
That's it! The skirt is finished!