I finished this project in July 2019. I started this early last year. It took me over a year to finish. I have been crocheting very intermittently over the past couple of years. This is from a pattern called Wheat Harvest by Miyoshi Kuroi published in 1993.
I used 1.25mm crochet hook and crochet cotton 10. The pattern calls for smaller hook and yarn but this is what I have. I made the cover to fit our table. The skulls are from our pigs. The table cover was starched to protect it from dust and dirt and to help keep its lace design and shape.
The wheat motif squares are delicate and beautiful and may be incorporated into other projects. I am thinking it may do well for garments, such as a cardigan.